|Escape by David Babies|
- ART. Equals love:happiness:joy:etc. People, do you know about Society6? Well, it's this incredible website that houses the work of artists from all over the world. You can buy prints of any image imaginable (and some even crazier than your imagination allows!) by any artist and they all get shipped from one location on one transaction. Perfect. Even better is when they do free worldwide shipping. I took full advantage of this and bought four prints (my friend bought seven - so good!) and I'm very excited to get them, frame them, and hang them. Here's a sneak peak for you, but I'm also excited to take pics when they're hanging on my wall and share them here.
|Headdress by Amy Hamilton|
- Girls. Girls. Girls. Are you loving this amazing show? Me too. I've figured out that a Monday dose of Shoshana et al is just what I need to start my week off with a good bang. I love it. If you do too, check out this awesome recap of some of the best moments - although I think it'd be hard to narrow it down to just a few!
- Coffee. I think I just have to accept the fact that it's now a big deal in my life. Having survived 27 years without it (ie never having tried it) I thought it'd be really easy to give up. But, alas, these two blissful coffee-fuelled years have left a huge impact on my brain, and it simply gives up if it doesn't get its fix. Or, gives me a stinging headache. Not cool. But that first sip in the mornings? Bliss.
- Getting away from your desk and actually having a lunch break that doesn't involve Facebook or Buzzfeed? Very good for your day. Must do it more often.
- Window shopping when you have no money? Sucks. ONLINE window shopping when you have no money? Even worse. Because you can make a conscious choice to avoid shops when you don't have the funds. You can't avoid all the emails you get from all the online stores screaming at you that the dress you love is now discounted even further. Sigh. Come on, pay day.
- The above made me laugh, even though I haven't read Harry Potter. (I know, I know. I read up to Book 5-or-something, then got sick of waiting for new books to come out and by then had forgotten half the things that had happened in the early books. Which was annoying because I remember that book being mostly 'use *this* spell' and then I'd sit there and think what the hell did that spell do, again?) But I did see the movies, and remember Neville being quite the legend at the end.
- Planning a weekend that involves not spending money but reading books, eating good food, and running is actually really lovely-sounding right now. It's been a busy few months! I'm just so stoked that Summer has come to the party this year. We have been blessed with amazing weekends all of January, and beautiful days in between. So lucky.